Ear infections are very common to children. Several studies reveal that ear infections are frequent to infants, toddlers, and children aging 8 to 10 years old. Children in toddler years are the ones who are prone to these frustrating frequent ear infections. Although ear infections to children are common, you have to realize that frequent ear infections are not normal. The main causes of frequent ear infections are viral or bacterial. These affect the middle or inner ear and cause pain that can lead to accumulation of fluid and inflammation. Make your babies comfy is more important, sure! Attention mums n dads. Introducing the Britax B Ready and britax b-agile.
Frequent ear infections in kids can be minor and can be treated using simple home remedies. But there are cases of infections in children that require antibiotics. Therefore, it is highly essential for parents and caregivers of toddlers or infants to recognize and deal with frequent ear infections.
How to Avoid Frequent Ear Infections in Children
Monitoring the condition of children whether they feel uncomfortable due to body pain or ear pain is the best way to avoid frequent ear infections. The common indicators of ear pain for children in their toddler and infant years include rubbing or tugging at the ear. Irritability and consistent crying are also among the signs of frequent ear infections in toddlers.
Frequent ear infections in children during infant and toddlers years can be avoided by monitoring their temperature consistently. Fever and colds are common causes of frequent ear infections, and avoiding them to happen in your child is the best way to keep out the infection from your child’s ear.
Home remedies for frequent ear infection might help, but individuals must observe precautionary measures when using them to toddlers and infants. Try to resist using these home remedies for this infection unless there is no comprehensive diagnosis of ear infection from doctors.
Preventing Frequent Ear Infections in Children
Ear infections usually happen in kid’s children regardless of age even if they are toddlers or infants. Preventing frequent ear infections is the best thing you can in order for them not to develop hearing problems when they grow up. How to prevent frequent ear infections can be done through the following;
- Keeping the playing area, toys, and hands of your kids clean all the time is among the best ways to avoid ear infections.
- Avoiding using pacifiers to infants can also help prevent the said infection. Pacifiers can be possible vectors for bacteria.
- Breastfeeding instead of bottle-feeding is best if you want to prevent frequent infections in your babies. Leakage from bottle feeding can lead to the ear of your child that will likely cause the infections.
- The use of antibiotics can bring positive effect to the health of your children, but abusing its usage can leave the bacteria immune dot its effect. Use only antibiotics if necessary and when there are no other options available.
- Keeping your kids immunization up to date can help prevent frequent ear infections and other forms of infections. The vaccine used in immunization limits the growth of bacterial infections in your child.
Toddlers and babies aging from 6 months up to two years are prone to frequent ear infections. Consulting doctor immediately after seeing signs of ear infections is the best thing you can do to avoid worsening the infections in your children.